- Dale Van Osten, liaison with the Committee on Ministry for the Presbytery, discussed his personal background and his role as a liaison, which is to show we are all working together. He suggested the good news from our church be sent to him to share with presbytery.
- Three other churches are participating in the Heifer Project held in Maryland July 3-7. A spaghetti dinner and silent auction will be held at FPC June 10 to help defray costs.
- Mark Hinchcliff is working with 7 other churches planning for Back2School project. Expectations are to reach 2000 students in the Martinsville/Henry County area.
- Vacation dates, September 18-24, 2017 for Mark Hinchcliff were approved.
- Denny Casey will be going on a mission trip to Guatemala with the Presbytery’s Mission Committee.
- A request from Mount Tabor United Methodist Church, Winston Salem for a transfer of letter for Marian Campbell was granted.
- “Right Now Media” will be discontinued due to non-use.
- A new lawn service is in place.
- Steeple repairs are needed
- Property boundaries are being studied and there is potential for nature trails.
- There will be a reception Pentecost Sunday. Lemonade on the Lawn will take place during the summer months. A Back to School Breakfast is planned for August 5.
- Positive reports come from the Weekday School: Waiting list for 4 years old program with others almost full. Mother’s Morning Out is well received. Bonuses were given to staff for this year. A new teacher is being hired for next year.
- The children’s church program during worship service will continue through the summer.
- There will be a congregational meeting June 25 to elect the 2018 nominating committee.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
2018 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.