Stated Session Meeting June 26, 2017
- Treasurer's Report: Checking Account Balance $--- (Morris Trust --- will come out of this; Morgan Stanley Balance $--- (increase)
- Disbursement of the Morris Trust Funds will be made as follows: 25% to Presbytery of the Peaks to be given to students under presbytery care and attending PC(USA) seminaries, 50% to Union Presbyterian Seminary, 25% to Austin Theological Seminary
- Denny Casey will be participating in a mission trip to Guatemala with a group from Peaks Presbytery.
- Mark Hinchcliff reviewed plans for the Heifer Project trip and Back-2-School project. FPC will be a site for the distribution of shoes and backpacks on Aug. 5.
- A family trip to the Creeper Trail is planned for August.
- Attendance at the Community Breakfast continues to grow. Appreciation is extended to the volunteers who help prepare and clean up.
- The American Red Cross Bloodmobile collection site is relocating to teh Elk's Club near MHS beginning in July.
- A request to transfer Henry Grady Moore's membership to Hayes Barton UMC in Raleigh, NC, was honored with our blessing.
- Victoria Esarey was elected Commissioner to attend the August 19 presbytery meeting in Farmville. Cindy Edgerton was elected to attend the November 16 meeting in Blacksburg.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
2017 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.