Stated Session Meeting Highlights
February 26, 2018
1. Monica Stevens noted interesting sessions and meaningful worship service at the recent presbytery meeting. She referenced the leader’s remarks about everyone putting our talents to use.
2. Nominating Committee Report: Monica Stevens, chair, stated there will be a nomination to fill a session vacancy soon.
3. The Treasurer gave a report, which may be viewed upon request.
4. Mark will attend a PCUSA Clergy Tax Seminars at Union Seminary March 8-9, 2018 and will take a post Easter Vacation April 3-8, 2018.
5. Plans for Palm Sunday in the Park are being made and Mark reported a need for help with the Easter Sunrise Service.
6. VBS will be held at FPC June 25-29, 2018 followed by Camp Peaks July 23-27.
7. Family camping at Massanetta is scheduled for June 7-10, 2018
8. Envelopes for One Great Hour of Sharing have been placed in the pews with a Minute for Mission March 11 at both services.
9. Denny Casey reported a church emergency safety/security policy draft has been completed and input is sought.
10. The DaCapo singers led by Trace Prillaman will participate in both worship services April15, 2018.
11. Mark announced Kim Tankersley has resigned as bookkeeper for FPC.
12. The next stated session meeting will be March 26, 2018.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
Copyright © 2018 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.
Web Development: Chatmoss Web Systems