March 26, 2018 Session Meeting Highlights
1. Mark Hinchcliff called the meeting to order with prayer at 7:05. Sharon Kirby led the group in devotions.
2. Treasurer’s Report: (Given by Ron Rebman, Adm. chair)
3. Susan Pilson has agreed to serve as a Ruling elder to complete an unexpired term for the class of 2019 pending results of election by the congregation at a congregational meeting April 15. Ordination and installation pending results of the election will follow.
4. Drema Austin has been hired as a bookkeeper and will help Rita Bateman, administrative assistant, as needed.
5. Christian Education:
April 28 -A church wide family event, 5-7:00
June 25-29 -VBS, 6-8:30. Adult classes will be offered in addition to the program for children.
June 25-26, Disciples Bible Culminating Retreat (St. Francis Springs Retreat Center)
July 9-13, DaCapo Music Camp
July 23-27, Camp Peaks
March 31- Workday from 9:30-11:00.
April 11, Regular 2nd Wednesday Workdays from 5:00-6:00 will resume
June 7-10, Massanetta Family Retreat
July 14 and 24, Back to School registration
August 4, Back to School culminating event
Beginning July 1, quarterly combined worship services will be held. These will start at 10:00 a.m. with Sunday School at 9:00 a.m.
9. Session meeting schedule:
May 21, stated session meeting.
June, no stated meeting planned
July 30, stated session meeting
August 27, stated session
10. If a committee night cancelation occurs, there be an automatic reschedule for the next Monday.
11. The meeting ended at 8:40 with prayer led by Sharon Kirby.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
Copyright © 2019 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.
Web Development: Chatmoss Web Systems