May 21, 2018
Stated Session Meeting Highlights
1. Opening prayer was led by Mark Hinchcliff, and Monica Stevens led the group in devotions that included comments about Pentecost and the work of the Holy Spirit today in the midst of all the issues we face.
2. The Treasurer reported on the checking account balance.
3. The May presbytery commissioner, Ron Rebman, reviewed the strategic planning process by the presbytery. A full report will be given at the August meeting. There were positive responses to Mark’s comments about the conflict in scheduling the May presbytery meetings on National Day of Prayer. There is interest in scheduling a presbytery meeting at our church sometime next year.
4. Additional cooks are needed for Cooks Who Care especially during the morning.
5. Outside brickwork repairs have been made. Cracks in the parking lot are to be repaired. Workdays are scheduled to continue mulching all areas Wednesdays from 5-6.
6. A Safety/Security policy is being finalized and almost ready for implementation. Plans are to share this with the congregation and put together teams for training.
7. People will be needed to help with Registration for Back2School: July 14 from 9 a.m. to 12 Noon and July 24 from 6 to 8 p.m.
8. Members were asked to share ideas for a new approach for Stewardship with Nancy Moore, chair of the Stewardship Committee.
9. Children’s Worship led by Brook Cundiff will continue through the summer.
10. A kneeling bench will be delivered June 1.
11. Favorite hymns and solos will be highlighted in June and July with the choir returning in August.
12. Susan Pilson was elected to chair the 2019 Nominating committee. A congregational meeting will be held June 24 following the 11:00 service to elect the committee members.
13. The next stated session meeting will be held July 30, 2018.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
Copyright © 2018 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.
Web Development: Chatmoss Web Systems