WHO (We Help Others)
We are a church family, and family members help each other when someone needs assistance. What can we do to help? We have an amazing group of talented volunteers who are able to help in the following areas when a special need arises:
- Meal preparation for a member or family in need due to illness, disability, death, or the birth of a baby;
- Household repairs for the elderly, widowed, and single parents;
- Help for someone who lives alone to accomplish a “two-person” household task;
- Yard chores and household tasks as cleaning, mending, washing, or ironing;
- Visit shut-ins and others who would welcome an occasional visitor;
- Sit with someone who cannot be left alone in the hospital or nursing home in a special, limited situation;
- Transportation and/or accompany someone to a medical appointment or medical facilities (local and out of town), airports, bus terminals, and/or train stations;
- Transportation to the grocery store, drug store, bank, post office, etc., or to personally run such errands for someone unable to do so;
- Babysit in an emergency situation, or on an occasional basis to give a young couple in our church some time out together;
- Assistance to a new mother when she returns home from the hospital;
- Telephone network to communicate information within the church regarding church events, prayer concerns, etc.;
- Limited professional advice/expertise in the following areas: legal, medical, financial, educational, computers/electronics, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, automobile repair, basic taxes.
If you would like to volunteer your talents to someone who needs them, please contact Susan Pilson at 276-340-7288 or email her at email@example.com
If you know of someone who might need a hand (or you yourself could use a little help), please contact Susan. We would consider it an privilege to be able to lend a helping hand.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
2020 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.